Dinotopeloria

From: Nick Brooke (100270.337@compuserve.com)
Date: Fri 24 Feb 1995 - 23:57:14 EET

Sandy:

> My assumption is that they must spend the winter in heated insulated
> barns.

Another use for Lodril's "Earthwarm" rune spell!

I loved your Dara Happan Wodehouse parallels, BTW.

> I don't think elves believe in a personal afterlife.

I've heard that when elves get to the Underworld, they swim across the Styx, forgetting everything in the course of the crossing, and their souls are then reborn as unknowing blank slates, back into the world. No need for a personal afterlife when something like that happens: the wiping-clean process bears no relationship to your own personality and "sinful deeds" (even assuming elves believed in such things).

Nick