GLORANTHA DIGEST

From: guy.hoyle@chrysalis.org
Date: Mon 01 May 1995 - 22:07:04 EEST

Sandy claims:

        "The Lunar/Orlanthi situation is
much like the Roman/German one -- one German may always beat a Roman, but 100 Romans have little to fear from 100 Germans, while 1000 Romans are invariably victorious over 1000 Germans."

I don't have anybody's account ready, but wasn't Varus' defeat at the Teutoburg Forest one where the Romans had an undeniable numeric superiority? I think they lost three Legions to about a third of that number of Germans. Admittedly they were in the Germans' home forest and caught by surprise, but it still speaks badly of Varus.

Now---come 'n' git me!!

GUY HOYLE (guy.hoyle@chrysalis.org)
- ---
CMPQwk #1.4 UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY