Re: Harrek

From: Paul Reilly (paul@phyast.pitt.edu)
Date: Wed 10 May 1995 - 12:19:05 EEST

  Why does everyone hate Harrek? I rather like him. I see him as the last of a dying race kind of hero. Of course he has no loyalties beyond the personal- he incarnates his ultimate god. Who is Zeus loyal to?

  Harrek is a tragic figure, IMO. And I think he is driven by forces beyond his comprehension to fight the Lunars - because they are changing the climate around the White Sea.

  Sure he's destructive. So are many people.

  Anyway, I like him better than Argrath.