Re: sandy's maunderings

From: Sandy Petersen (sandyp@idgecko.idsoftware.com)
Date: Fri 19 May 1995 - 18:44:29 EEST

Curtis Shenton
>Perhaps illumination for the Elder races removes deals more with
>their ancient hatreds for each other than it does with hatred of
>chaos? Hmm, I wonder if that implies that the Elder Races who are
>getting along so well in Jurestela are illuminated?

        I think not. The Elder Races have cooperated at other times. I don't think that the Elder Races have actual instinctual antipathies towards one another (well, maybe the elves do). Rather, I think that their biologies and life cycles are such that they naturally come into conflict, so any period of peace unless constantly maintained will ultimately fall apart.