Braveheart

From: David Dunham (dunham@hamachi.pensee.com)
Date: Mon 29 May 1995 - 02:59:18 EEST

While I'm sure Roderick Robertson's complaints about Braveheart are correct (I found some major historical inaccuracies with a couple minutes' glancing at an encyclopedia), I suspect it captures the flavor of the events fairly well. The battle scenes may not have been historically correct, but I think they did a good job of showing what it's like facing a cavalry charge, and what happens when charging infantry meets. And it was really easy, as David Cheng said, to imagine the Scotts as Sartarites, facing the Lunars.

A little self-promotion: find out the truth about the moose hsunchen at <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/alekki.html>. This and several other pages at my Glorantha World Wide Web site are new.

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #295

RuneQuest is a trademark of Avalon Hill, and Glorantha is a trademark of Chaosium. With the exception of previously copyrighted material, unless specified otherwise all text in this digest is copyright by the author or authors, with rights granted to copy for personal use, to excerpt in reviews and replies, and to archive unchanged for electronic retrieval.