Book of the Dead

From: PMichaels@aol.com
Date: Wed 07 Jun 1995 - 06:38:53 EEST

Hi all!

David Cake mentions writing something detailing some or all of _The Lunar Book of the Dead_.

When I wrote about "the Lunar Book of the Dead" in passing, I was thinking of _The Tibetan Book of the Dead_. (No surprise there, I'm sure.) I recommend you look at this work for your project.

I would also like to suggest _The Psychedelic Experience : A manual based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead_, by Timothy Leary, Ralph Metzner, and Richard Alpert. It's written to assist someone with mentally and spiritually preparing for a drug induced psychedelic experience. (Now, doesn't that sound right up the Lunars alley?) The comments and text regarding the various Bardos would probably be of most use for you.

I also highly recommend _The History of Hell_, by Alice K. Turner. It's a "survey of how, over the past 4,000 years, religious leaders, poets, painters, and ordinary people have visualized Hell-its location, architecture, purpose, and inhabitants." (The quote is from the book jacket.)

Peace,

     Peter

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #304

RuneQuest is a trademark of Avalon Hill, and Glorantha is a trademark of Chaosium. With the exception of previously copyrighted material, unless specified otherwise all text in this digest is copyright by the author or authors, with rights granted to copy for personal use, to excerpt in reviews and replies, and to archive unchanged for electronic retrieval.