[Glorantha]Continuum State of the Nation Address

From: Darran <darransims_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 23:00:08 -0000

Greetings and Salutations
2004-01-02-2255.

A posting from Lawrence Whitaker about the Continuum RPG convention.

Hope you all had a very happy Christmas and that Santa brought you all = the gaming products you wanted.

=20

This posting is designed to answer a few points raised on the HQ list = and on this list - as well as to wish you all the compliments of the = season, of course.

=20

  1. Early Registration Deadline

To qualify for the earl registration price of =A320, we need to receive = your registration by 1st January. Now, this has been questioned = elsewhere with the poser relating to short notice, but I don't think = we're guilty of not making this public. Heck, we WANT early = registrations, and I think we've plugged away on a variety of email = lists and bulletin boards. But, because my son and heir celebrates his = birthday in the first week of January, and because it's a leap year in = 2004, and because... well... we're a nice bunch here at Continuum = Central, we'll extend the deadline by ONE WEEK (the rest of the = committee will lynch me for this, most likely, but I've taken an exec = decision). So, get your registrations to me by 8th January at the very = latest and you'll qualify for the =A320 registration rate.

=20

2. Accommodation Payments

We really do prefer you to pay for your accommodation upfront with your = registration. If there's a question mark over how many nights you'll be = staying, then drop me an email first and we can discuss matters. We can = also refund on cancelled night(s) if we receive enough notice (see the = deadlines on the registration form). The reason for this is that we =

need to commit to a minimum number of residential places, and its all =
tied into the cost of the con.  We also need the cashflow as we don't =
have huge reserves to subsidise late payments or payments made at the =
con itself. I know you all understand; but, if you are facing genuine = difficulties contact me, or a committee member first. Remember, = Continuum is a Caring Convention...

=20

3. Online Payment

Hoping to have this sorted in the next two weeks. Bear with us!

=20

4. Freeform and Game Registration

We will have advance registration for freeforms and other games, but = this won't be until we have a working draft of the Continuum timetable = and know (roughly) what games and events will be taking place, and = where. Of course, you can let us know what games you're interested in = (and planned freeforms are already detailed on the website), and we'll = note it for regististration purposes. But, Steve Hatherley will be = making an announcement at a later date, so, again, bear with us!

=20

5. Website and Continuum Book

We=92ve asked the fine team at The Unspoken Word (and they=92ve agreed, = the mad, impetuous fools) to put together the con book which will be = given to everyone attending as part of the package. We toyed with = having a theme, such as new beginnings or continuations, but instead we = decided that we just wanted the best material people can contribute!

=20

We are looking for Gloranthan material of whatever form (although it is = essentially geared towards HQ -- if you want to submit something RQ, = then be prepared also to have it HQ statted), from an interesting NPC or = adventure cameo all the way to an epic adventure, if you have one you = would like to see published. We also want to have a small amount of = material relating to the other games featured, especially CoC, Hawkmoon = and the other Moorcock-based games. Again, anyone with an interest in = producing such material, do get in touch!

=20

And as ever, to save the usual stalwarts (on your feet, Mr Bray) from = working their fingers to the bone, we would like to see art = contributions, too, however simple or complex. In return, you get kudos, = the adoration of the Gloranthan tribe and the princely reward of a free = copy of the book.

=20

If you want to submit writings, or have any queries on this side of = things, send them to Mark Galeotti (mark_at_galeotti.fsbusiness.co.uk ) = while prospective artists should get in touch with Simon Bray = (Simonbrayuk_at_aol.com ).

=20

And we=92d also like to include some outside content on the website to = add colour and depth. If you have anything you=92d like to see on = www.continuum.uk.net, then drop a line to Lawrence at = Lawrence.whitaker_at_ntlworld.com

=20

6. The 'Get-Well-Soon, Orlanth' Benevolent Fund

As we all know, the storm god Orlanth is a little bit poorly (well, = dead, really), following the actions of those dastardly Lunar, = imperialist gits, and we at Continuum thought we'd send him a nice Get = Well Soon card. But, as you can appreciate, buying a card for a god - = and a deceased one at that - is a bit on the pricey side. So, we're = hoping your generosity/sympathy/sick-sense-of-humour will help out here, = by contributing whatever you can to the cause. Of course, if we can't = get a card worthy of a storm diety, the fund will be used to help import = and support the guests that are going to help make Continuum such a = magical experience, and all donations are gratefully received. If you = wish to contribute, make a cheque payable to 'Continuum', or, if making = a donation with your registration, note on your registration form the = size of your donation. As ever, we'll reward all contributors somehow, = and all those needy Orlanthi will be forever in your debt.

=20

7. Who Does What

Quick reminder who is in charge of various con-related things.

=20

Loz & Darran - University liaison, publicity, membership, customer = service

Mike - Tabletop gaming and tournaments

Steve - Freeforms

Colin - Panels, events and miniatures

=20

Any ideas you have, things you want to see, events you want to run - = then please drop a line to the appropriate committee member. You'll = find the email addresses at www.continuum.uk.net/pages/committee.htm

=20

I think that's it for now. But, have a very happy New Year, whatever = you do and however you celebrate it!

=20

Loz and the Continuum team

Cheers,
DARRAN SIMS

darransims_at_ntlworld.com
darren.sims_at_derby.gov.uk

Go to Continuum! NOW!!!
http://www.continuum.uk.net
For the Yahoo Group goto:
continuum2004-subscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

End of Glorantha Digest Received on Tue 27 Jan 2004 - 10:37:56 EET