[Glorantha]Re: Urain

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 18:48:54 +0000 (GMT)

Peter Larsen:
> As far as I know, the first kinslaying was when Vadrus killed
> Barntar (ST, 205-207). Where Urain comes from, I don't know.

There was a nice myth written in one of the supplements where Orlanth was in a foul mood and dark clouds gathered overhead and monsters came from the clouds and attacked everyone. This was Urain. I liked this myth as it gave a non-chaotic origin for Urain. I thought it was from King of Sartar but I can't find it there. In my opinion, a lot of the nasty storm gods have non-chaotic origins and are nasty because Storm itself is nasty and violent. Look at the family - Umath, Vadrus, Gagarth, Urain, Storm Bull, Ragnaglar to name but a few. Even the ice Storm Gods can be quite nasty.

Simon

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html

End of Glorantha Digest Received on Tue 27 Jan 2004 - 10:39:56 EET