[Glorantha]Golden age prax

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:35:36 -0800 (PST)

me aside:
horrible! I don't have time to read, let alone write and yet the thread is really golden!

Joerg:
> >There have been descriptions of Golden Age Prax as
> the land where milk and
> >honey flowed without any need for labor. I don't
> think so: We're talking
> >Golden Age Prax here, not Green Age.
> And why wasn't golden age Prax a land of milk and

> honey? Similar
> claims are found about Dara Happa, the Land of Logic
> and Kralorela.

> --Peter Metcalfe

The problem is that Praxian tradition myths mingle with tada/genert tradition myths before a certain date/event (ie the battle between Storm Bull and Wakboth).

I think we should districate (sp?) the two mythologies like a tree (the branches are connected at this or that level) before trying to say this or that.

Golden Age Prax (probably) coincides with Golden Age Genert.
But Golden Age Genert doesn't coincide with Golden Age
Solar/Logic/Kralorela.

I mean, Yelm was Emperor of the Universe and that meant milk and honey for the Dara Happans, chains for the Orlanthi and something else for other peoples. Right?

What does it mean for the Generti/Tadashi and for the Ancestor of the Praxians?
GiantAge.
An age when Giants ruled the Land and had their own Gods.
Genert was a Giant or a Giant God?
Genert was happy to rule under/beside/outside Yelm? We don't really know, I think.
But we can speculate that in Golden Age Genert (a Land God/Giant) was happy, while the Ancestor of the Praxians (descendants from Storms, Herdwomen and Killers) were in captivity.

Do you remember Cain and Abel?
Cain was a shepherd, while Abel was a farmer.
Cain killed Abel because he was envious. Maybe the herding and turbulent Ancestor of the Praxians were not that sad when Genert died. It was their opportunity to rise, their Golden Age, a sort of Grey Age for Prax, when the Ancestor of the Praxians fought Chaos while Chaos destroyed and sacked primarily the Farming and Land Gods, Giants and Cities, leaving the Ancestor of the Praxians not happy but at least Surviving.

Then twagic events occurred, anyway.

Ciao,
Gian

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online. http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

End of Glorantha Digest Received on Fri 13 Feb 2004 - 06:56:56 EET