[Glorantha]Re: Broos Helping Praxians

From: Goihl & Fahey <goihlk_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 14:23:32 +0100

Alright, I'll let you all in on the true story. Seems there were these Lunars coming and all sorts of people were showing up to fight them. =

There was a group of people from Dragon Pass, mostly Sartar. In Praxian =
our word for Sartarite requires locality, meaning that those refered to =
are currently in Sartar. We know them from raiding them in their place. =
This is also the case for our names for oasis slaves. These people were =
not currently where they came from, so our word for them didn't fit. We =
had to use other terms for them, and since they were just foreign ground = men we couldn't use any other term for people. Since these guys were all = full of hate and frothing at the mouth, stinking and rabid, and seemed = to have nothing else in their minds but destruction, we called them = broos. Maybe they were too!

Daniel Toothmaker

To unsubscribe from the Glorantha Digest, send an "unsubscribe" command to glorantha-request_at_rpglist.org, or visit http://www.rpglist.org/mailman/listinfo/glorantha. Glorantha is a Trademark of Issaries Inc. With the exception of previously copyrighted material, unless specified otherwise all text in this digest is copyright by the author or authors, with rights granted to copy for personal use, to excerpt in reviews and replies, and to archive unchanged for electronic retrieval.
-

End of Glorantha Digest Received on Mon 23 Feb 2004 - 06:57:16 EET