[Glorantha]Pun and Anagram

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 03:53:45 +0900

Excerpt from Greg's Glorantha Lore Auctio in "Proceedings in Malkionism", p.45:
<<I love the guy who thought the one up. <snip> Ruby Kraft sent all of these
names, and a lot of them were just crappy puns. Gonn Orta [gone out of] the mountains. That's where the name came from. >>

Gon Orta = Gone Out Of (Mountain).
Nochet = Not yet
Lur Nop <-Lop Nur

But Matthew Cole's assumption stunned me:
<<I used to know a number of players who were Adepts in the Way of Chi
Tin; they all thought it was a secret too but they'll all die with worn off corners!>>

Chi Tin <-Cheating (Matthew Cole)

If this is true and also from Ruby Kraft, I am quite in antimony feeling between rage and laughing to his naming. Is there any collections for such Glorantha Puns? and Etymology?

TI

End of Glorantha Digest Received on Sun 21 Mar 2004 - 06:56:26 EET