[Glorantha]Retrofitting Fimbulwinter

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 23:39:05 -0800 (PST)

Friends,
My personal opinion as follows:
Fimbulwinter was not understood or perceived equally by the chronicles (even by demi-contemporary heortling writers such as the CHDP case).
We "know" what happened, but If I were an Orlanthi I would not mention that my God and Goddess were "dead", even for a short time.
I would probably say:
"Our (battle) prowness and our courage was so humbled by our enemies that even Ernalda (let alone orlanth) was ashamed by our indignity"
I don't think a culture can accept and remember and record easily/clearly/objectively the
death/sleep/absence of the Great God _and_ Goddess at
the same time.
You need time (probably decades or centuries) to understand and accept and rationalize such an event. Denseros probably lived too close to the events to retell them comprehensively. Sort of like a psychological collective removal.

Ciao,
Gian

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time. http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

End of Glorantha Digest Received on Fri 26 Mar 2004 - 06:57:04 EET