[Glorantha]Repeating Hero Quests

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 18:26:30 +0300 (EEST)

Trying to refresh my memories on running Hero Quests I re-read the appropriate passage in HQ. I was surprised by the explanation of how a given heroquest can only be attempted once. This seems to contradict quite a bit of the previous assumptions.

Didn't Harmast Barefoot, for instance, do the Lightbringers Quest at least twice? Didn't the godlearners (or the zistorites) abuse heroquests by repeatedly performing quests to obtain many copies of mythic artefacts. And so on. And Arkat, at least seems to have been going criss cross about the heroplane(s). How does it work anyway?

Let's say I noticed an interesting looking broch (tower) when performing Orlanth and the Blue Dragon quest. Later I want to initiate the same quest, but turn from the path and go explore the broch. Is this impossible because I've already performed the original quest?

For that matter, let's say I've performed the above mentioned quest ten years ago, but now another drought threatens the clan. Obviously I would be the ideal candidate to slay the Blue Dragon, but does this mean it can not be me?

How have you others handled this?

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.

To unsubscribe from the Glorantha Digest, send an "unsubscribe" command to glorantha-request_at_rpglist.org, or visit http://www.rpglist.org/mailman/listinfo/glorantha. Glorantha is a Trademark of Issaries Inc. With the exception of previously copyrighted material, unless specified otherwise all text in this digest is copyright by the author or authors, with rights granted to copy for personal use, to excerpt in reviews and replies, and to archive unchanged for electronic retrieval.
-

End of Glorantha Digest Received on Sat 03 Apr 2004 - 05:56:23 EEST