[Glorantha]Gems

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 07:24:19 +0100 (BST)

> Torcs are handy and portable sources
> of wealth - a bit like
> the jewels on a Humakt's blade - you can always pry
> of a bit when you need something to trade.

Not on the blade! Never put gems on the blade, you'll wreck it. It's meant to flex smoothly, you're introducing stress points that'll weaken it, you're stopping it sliding smoothly over whatever it encounters (another blade, some bit of anatomy), and if you "pry it out" - aargh! No! Put gems on the hilt if you must (though they'll alter the grip and the balance), or keep them for the scabbard. Or put them on a dress sword (though a sword that's not meant for fighting is an abomination). But not one that you *use*.

Hmm, possibly channeling a Humakti PC a bit there, but that seems to cover my own views (and those of other sword-users in the room at the moment as well.)

Jane Williams

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html

End of Glorantha Digest Received on Sun 18 Apr 2004 - 06:26:15 EEST