Re: [Glorantha]Myth-making

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:48:35 +0100 (BST)

> The reason I'm concentrating on Third Age here is
> that it's a much
> shorter amount of time ago. Sartar is around 120
> years ago. That
> seems long enough that it's no longer considered
> history.

You're American, aren't you?

I think it would have to be a case of YGWV, but around here we'd think of something only a hundred years old as pretty modern. Given some very elderly relatives, that's within living memory.

Given the way Orlanthi live closer to the mythic realm than we do, it's entirely possible that they could see something done by their grandfather as being a myth, now, if it was done on the Other Side (I deliberately fail to specify whcih Other Side we're talking about) But switching to "myth" from "history" at only a century or so purely on chronological grounds: no, I don't think so.

Jane Williams

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html

End of Glorantha Digest Received on Thu 29 Apr 2004 - 06:24:54 EEST