[Glorantha]Re: Glorantha digest, Vol 10 #194 - 1 msg

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:55:13 -0400

David Dunham:
> As you probably know, many virii will forge the return address.
> This *might* mean that someone who has me in their address book has a
virus.

Less likely than it was. The recent MyDOOM outbreak has a feature where = it
uses search engines to look for valid email addresses, so doesn't need to=

find these on the computer it's infected. If your email address is anywhere on the net it can get picked up.

What a lot of misplaced ingenuity goes into these things.

Andrew

End of Glorantha Digest Received on Wed 28 Jul 2004 - 06:57:22 EEST