[Glorantha]Re: Alticamelus

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 06:43:56 -0700 (PDT)

Richard Crawley:
> I notice the name Alticamelus is sometimes used
> for High Llama in modern Gloranthan works.
>
> Do they look like a tall modern llama or are
> they like the extinct Alticamelus?

The picture in Anaxial's Roster looks distinctly Andean to me. In particular, the back appears flatter than that of the Alticamelus, which looks awfully camel-ish to me. Also, the neck looks straighter, like the Andean Llama, rather than curvy, like the Alticamelus.

That said, how bad could it be if you got Gregged on it? Easier to deal with than Elmal, surely. YalticameliMV.

Chris Lemens

Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages! http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail