Re: [Glorantha]Moonlight

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_albionsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 11:08:12 +0100

>Is there anything that makes clear why silver is lunar when the moon is
>red? Does a red moon manage to produce silver light (given some of the
>lunar paradoxes I'm not ruling it out)?

Off the top of my head : In the distant past the moon was perfect and white. The Red Moon is a temporary step on the reascent of the moon (from black to blue to red) and will presumably therefore be replaced in the future by a perfect white moon. The white moon would cast a silver light, and be reasonably associated with silver. Perhaps the current moon casts a silver shadow of its own future perfection?

(Personally, I prefer the red moon to cast a ruddy light - more alien, more cool.)

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson