[Glorantha]Games in Glorantha

From: <Labrygon_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 00:14:33 EDT

I wanted to ask if any other Gloranthaphiles had tried using other games systems to play games in Glorantha. I am interested because I am what I think is described as a 'genre-monkey' where the genre is Glorantha, but I like other games and recent reviews have made me think there could be some Glorantha mileage to be had.

Here's a list of games that are Gloranthan or that I know have used to game there:
Dragon Pass/WBRM

Nomad Gods
Runequest 1,2,3
Hero Wars/ Hero Quest
King of Dragon Pass
Freeforms
Risus
Monopoly (used for the building of the City of Pavis) Wargaming/skirmish rules

I am intrigued by the possiblities, in descending order of what I think is reasonably going to work, of using (for the idea in brackets): My Life with Master (for Delecti, or perhaps a trollmother/trollkin) Baron Munchausen (for scholars debating history/truth) Diplomacy (for the animal nomads of Prax) Primetime Adventures (for a Glorantha TV series) Pantheon (or 'narrative cage match' as the system is called) Code of Unaris (for godlearner mythhacking) Cluedo (for a Storm Bull detective based Chaos mystery - "the chaos was propitiated in the Alley, with a Lead Pipe, by Shaman Plum" - "no, it was Storm Khan Mustard!")
Go (for an aldryami war between black and white forests)

Any other suggestions?

Keith

To unsubscribe from the Glorantha Digest, send an "unsubscribe" command to glorantha-request_at_rpglist.org, or visit http://www.rpglist.org/mailman/listinfo/glorantha. Glorantha is a Trademark of Issaries Inc. With the exception of previously copyrighted material, unless specified otherwise all text in this digest is copyright by the author or authors, with rights granted to copy for personal use, to excerpt in reviews and replies, and to archive unchanged for electronic retrieval.
-

End of Glorantha Digest Received on Fri 08 Oct 2004 - 06:57:10 EEST