[Glorantha]Blue

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:00:17 -0400

On 8 Oct 2004 at 6:56, glorantha-request_at_rpglist.org wrote:

> From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_anu.edu.au>

> Of interest for more general rp design and your own worlds and cultures,
> colour terms do not appear to enter languages in an arbitrary fashion.

I'd also recommend to everyone the wonderful "Blue: The History of a Color." by Michel Pastoureau. It's the history of the colour Blue in the West, and a truly interesting read.

The section on the Greeks disdain for the colour as ugly and barbaric should be fun for Gloranthaphiles. As would be the bit on the fight over allowing Blue into the Catholic church as the color of the Virign Mary.

LC

End of Glorantha Digest Received on Wed 13 Oct 2004 - 06:57:19 EEST