[Glorantha]Days and cycles.

From: John Galloway <gallowayja_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 10:41:30 +0000

As I understand it the Gloranthan week (168 hours) is divided up into seven days of equal duration.

When does a day's twenty-four hour period begin? Midnight, dawn, noon, sunset, or are things not that simple?

The Red Moon seems to undergo a complete phase cycle in exactly one week.

Now, normally I wouldn't be overly concerned when one phase ends and the next begins or how long it stays 'full' for but given that the 'Effect on Lunar Magic' multiplier (page 112 HQ:RiG) is strictly tied to the phase associated with that calendar day I find myself asking...

What time of the day does the Effect on Lunar Magic change from one multiplier to the next?

Does this occur at the same time in Nochet as it is in Pavis?

If the lunar phases begin at the same time every day how come it only takes to three days to do the bright half of the rotation (Empty half, Full moon, Full half) while it takes four days to do the dark half (Cresent going, Dying moon, Black moon, Cresent comming)?

Thanks,

"Sig? We don't need no steeenking sig!"

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra JetStream @ http://xtra.co.nz/jetstream

End of Glorantha Digest Received on Fri 03 Dec 2004 - 06:57:54 EET