[Glorantha]Lunar Phases

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 12:31:17 +1300

John Galloway:

>As I understand it the Gloranthan week (168 hours) is divided up into
>seven days of equal duration.
>
>When does a day's twenty-four hour period begin? Midnight, dawn, noon,
>sunset, or are things not that simple?

It depends from culture to culture. The Dara Happans reckon it from the first hint of dawn while the Orlanthi believe that the day begins at sunset.

>What time of the day does the Effect on Lunar Magic change from one
>multiplier to the next?

Whenever is most appropriate. I would say that it varies depending on the season and political conditions. During the low points of the Empire and during Storm Season, the Dark Phases begin early and end late while during the high points of the Empire and during Fire Season, the Full Phase begin early and end late. Of course every now and then, there will be a slight unforeseeable correction.

>Does this occur at the same time in Nochet as it is in Pavis?

No.

--Peter Metcalfe

End of Glorantha Digest Received on Sat 04 Dec 2004 - 06:57:47 EET