[Glorantha]Days and Cycles

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 16:20:19 -0500

> The Red Moon seems to undergo a complete phase cycle in exactly one
> week.

Greg said ...

> I have probably never said this anywhere, but for me "Exactly" is used
for game
> terms, the way we might say that an earth year is exactly 365 days. I
have
> always considered it to be less than exact, but never bothered to work =
it
out
> as it is irrelevant to game play.

The value of the difference is irrelevant, the fact that it's not zero ha= s
major effects - it makes astronomy a much harder and more important discipline. If the orbital periods were all exact then the sky patterns would repeat themselves every few weeks.

Historically, problems with the Julian calendar built up over time until the Pope instituted a reform after about 16 centuries ... about the same = as
the number of years Since Time in Glorantha. Hmmm ...

Andrew