[Glorantha]More angels

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:32:26 -0500

Andrew Barton:
>The contemporary Christians I've heard preach on the subject mostly defi=
ne
>an angel as 'a messenger of God' and usually make the point that this ca=
>be an ordinary person as well as a spirit.

Peter Metcalfe:
> I wonder what denomination these contemporary christians are.

Church of England. They often refer to the fact that the Greek word Angelos just means 'messenger'. Chambers Dictionary gives a long list of=

meanings for 'angel' one of which is 'someone supposed to have a special commission, such as the head of the church in the Bible, Revelations 2 an= d
3'.

> So all in all, I'm bemused at what you find so objectionable about the
> definition of gloranthan angels as being denizens of the Sky world.

What I'm questioning is whether there is or can be any such thing as a single definition used by all Gloranthans of words like 'angel' and 'demon'.

Andrew

End of Glorantha Digest Received on Tue 14 Dec 2004 - 06:57:52 EET