Re: Praxian Knot Writing

From: Brian K. Curley (Master of Time & Space) (bkc@axle.adp.wisc.edu)
Date: Thu 01 Feb 1996 - 03:07:14 EET

Sandy Petersen wrote:
> Since all Praxians speak the same language, taught by Waha, there
> would appear to be little need for Sign Language, but I there might
> be one nonetheless, used to communicate with Pent folk, Kralori,
> Baboons, and other outsiders who don't speak Praxian. Or else it
> could just be an error by Greg, who'd forgotten that they all speak
> the same language and wanted to make them even more Amerind-like.

So where do the Riverfolk (ala River of Cradles) and their language of
Boatspeech fit in here? Is it a dialect of Praxian or from another
language family all together. It seems the Riverfolk have an awful lot
of interaction with the Animal Nomads not to have a language common to
both cultures.

Brian

| Brian Curley | I'm your only friend... I'm not your |
| Holder of Previous | only friend, but I'm a little glowing |
| Knowledge | friend but really I'm not actually |
| bkc@axle.adp.wisc.edu | your friend but I am... |