minor points...

From: Peter Metcalfe (P.Metcalfe@student.canterbury.ac.nz)
Date: Fri 02 Feb 1996 - 00:04:29 EET

Brian K. Curley:
================

>OK... since the linch pin of this Red Goddess is still there nonsense
>(sorry Nick) is the last line (hastily scrawled) in Argrath's saga
>(Nothern Version), we should point out that this "proof' is not present
>in the Southern version. I think it's all wishing on a dead moon...

Mainly because the Northern Writer *added* Lunar Lore to Argrath's
Saga just like the Southern Writer added stuff from Harrek's Saga.
Extrapolating from your argument, we could say that the Harrek's Saga
extract is unreliable because it is not present in the Northern
version. This doesn't hold water.

Andrew Bean:
============

>The one thought that occurred to me today is that the average inhabitant
>of the Lunar Empire would have found the entire time of Argrath's saga
>after the release of Sheng as the worse possible existence they could
>live. Just think, the Heartlands would go from 150 years of peace into
>total horror (courtesy of nomads and then Dragons).

Who knows? After the initial destruction wrought by the nomads, they
tend to set up Empires to govern the people they have conquered (like
the Yuan Dynasty of China - although Tamurlame is an exception). Sure
their Governments will have their faults but I don't think the life of
the avearage joe/jill was like that of the KoW peasant or Occupied
Russia (although during the initial conquest it may have come close).

The Dragons did not waste Peloria but pulled the Moon Apart. Argrath
is explicitly said to have avoided battle. Of course there would be

the problem with Meteor Strikes and all that but a proper Empire can
survive that sort of thing...

- --Peter Metcalfe