minor comments...

From: Peter Metcalfe (P.Metcalfe@student.canterbury.ac.nz)
Date: Fri 02 Feb 1996 - 03:27:19 EET

Jose Ramos:
===========

>[corrects me on the Reconquista]

*sigh* [Not the Moor's Last]

Obviously I blew that one. The actual period I had in mind were the
persecutions of the fiftenth century and the fall of Granada. Thanks
for the info.

Joerg Baumgartner:
==================

The Elevens:

>Still they remain a part of the Dara Happan culture, even after
>destroying what was left after Manimat's departure.

They 'remain a part' of Dara Happan Culture as much as the Templars
'remain a part' of Roman Catholicism. The Elevens overthrew Manimat
in a coup and appeared to have installed Kazkurtum instead. Since
the only other person to have used such untrustworthy troops after
this is:

>Anirestyu [who] sends them to aid Nysalor in his last battle.

which says it all IMO. For those of you not in the know (not having
read the Fortunate Succession), Anirestyu is somewhat despised by the
later Chronicles.

Incidentally the Chroniclers deprived him of his status as Emperor of
Dara Happa, because he did not use the Shargash Priests of Alkoth to
witness his enthronement. Anirestyu appears to have used the Elevens
instead (compare the resemblences to Elevens and Shargash).

- --Peter Metcalfe