Duck Origins

From: Mike Cule (mikec@room3b.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu 08 Feb 1996 - 15:18:11 EET

I don't think that any account of the origin of the Ducks can be complete
without taking into account the existence of (and the legends of) the keets
of the Eastern Isles.

The keets are (correct me if I'm wrong, East Isles experts) there are several
types of avian intelligent species all known as keets one of which is a race
of ducks identical in all respects except culture with the ducks of central
Genertela.

The interesting thing is that the keets have a tradition of their origins which
stretches back to the Dawning and they believe that they were especially
honoured because their Mother Goddess left them to form some special part of the
post-Dawn universe apparently connected with the realm of Dreams.
They have none
of the sense of inferiority or irratability associated with the Ducks.

I'm currently running a campaign focussed on getting the Last Egg of Mother Duck
back to the East Isles to be hatched.

- --
Mike Cule

Actor and Genius.
AKA Theophilus, Prince-Archbishop of the Far Isles
(Arms: Purpure, an open book proper, without clasps. On the dexter page the
Greek letter Alpha or. On the sinister page the letter Omega of the same.
Motto: nulla spes sit in resistendo.)

Ask me about the Far Isles Medieval Society:
Better living through pan-medieval anachronisms.