lunar cookery bad?

From: Loren Miller (loren@wharton.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed 21 Feb 1996 - 00:50:36 EET

Greetings,

I must say this Nick Brooke fellow has it all wrong when he states
baldly that we Lunars take "muck" and serve it to our friends in
mockery of the "good, honest" food that the Sartarites serve at their
table. Good Glowing Goddess, Sir, do you honestly think that soggy
oats in a sheep's bladder, breaded herring, or a charred, week-old
leg of mutton, are an improvement over hummingbird tongues in aspic,
snails in lemon butter, or a delectable plate of broiled eel in
imtheran honey, or, and I must slaver as I think of this delightful
dish, newtling tail in sable butter sauce from our new lands in the
zola fel? I admit, some dishes go too far. I cannot bear the prospect
of walktapus, not because it tastes bad, but because it inevitably
makes a second appearance on my plate, or would if I didn't flee to
the vomitorium after that course along with most of my fellow diners.
It is for this reason that I believe that the recent walktapus fad
was introduced by sartarite converts who secretly agitated against
the rule of the benevolent goddess. They wish to reduce our rich
tables to the pitiful poverty of their own poor pickings.

Yours Gustatoriously,
Lorenus of Harandash

- --
Loren Miller <http://hops.wharton.upenn.edu/~loren>
Life at the water's edge is the real life for men and women, and penguins