Glorantha has got a horizon!

From: MOBTOTRM@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Thu 22 Feb 1996 - 07:43:37 EET

G'day all,

The Beanster:
>Horizons:
>Strangers in Prax has a nice section on pg 36 about the horizon on a flat
>world and how this is basically the "indistinct band where sea and sky
>become one" due to haze.

As one of the original playtest/error-trappers for SiP I objected strenuously
to this boxed section on the simple but essential grounds of MGF. It
is more fun, in my opinion, to have Glorantha as a Flat world with a
horizon, because it means we have to invent cheesily-pseudo-scientific
reasons *why* this can be so. Please note in the Coders section at the
front of the book, the Moon Boat comes from the "eastern horizon" and departs

the same way.

Cheers

MOB