Re: Moon Viewing

From: Argrath@aol.com
Date: Fri 23 Feb 1996 - 02:21:29 EET

In Glorantha Digest V2 #397, Ian Gorlick responds to me:

>Martin Crim:
>>I don't think that a horizontal axis is consistent with observations of the
>>RM.
>
>Sorry, what observations?

If there is a horizontal axis relative to the surface of Glorantha, then
there will be observers directly "north" and "south" of the axis. These
people will observe an approximately half moon endlessly rotating diesel or
widdershins. Hardly a true phase progression. And though I'm having trouble

visualizing your proposal, I don't think it results in phases anything like
the ones depicted in the DP boardgame, frex, or much like Earth's Moon's.

- --Martin