Lone Heroes

From: Eric Rowe (rowe@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Thu 02 May 1996 - 10:37:52 EEST

>From: mark groff <mg1160@messiah.edu>
>Gloranthan Heros was Dragon Pass. In Dragon Pass, Argrath, all by his
>Lonesome was the combat equivalent of a decent Regiment, he coluld move

Not to pick on Mark, but several people have been making this mistake so
I thought I'd point it out. The Heroes and Superheroes of Dragon Pass do
NOT represent individuals. Each is actually a large collection of VERY
powerful people. They all survive by having lots of powerful friends which
brings me to my next point.

From: martin <102541.3423@CompuServe.COM>
>[example of several assassins killing Onslaught]
>back. There are myriad ways of killing him cheaply and relatively easily. If
>the President of the US can be killed so can Onslaught!

So, why hasn't he been?

He doesn't have any friends to watch his back, and I bet he's got plenty
of enemies. Even the President of the US has the secret service.

I don't really have a problem with his power level because it is your
Glorantha. I've played in dozens of different Gloranthas and some have
been played at that level. I've seen (at a Con) PC's with
spell-bouncing spinning Adamantine swords that would swat Onslaught
like a fly. However, anyone that powerful had to have friends or be
really, really nice. Powerful people make powerful enemies.

Eric Rowe
chaosium@aol.com