Disaster and Defeat

From: MOBTOTRM@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Wed 08 May 1996 - 09:05:52 EEST

G'day all,

___________________
Disaster and Defeat

Jim Chapin:
>By the way, I can't forbear noticing that MOB's account of the major
>characters he has played is mostly an account of disaster and defeat --
>maybe he should play farm boys!

Well, my Gordius skulked out of Boldhome in disgrace and my Theoblanc was
martyred ("who will rid me of this turbulent priest?", says the Fat King
of Seshnela) it is true, but my crowning achievement (pun intended)
was usurping the Dara Happan throne in the Broken Council and ruling
gloriously for the rest of the game. By "ruling gloriously" I mean
acting imperial, drinking lots of the 'nectar of the gods' and impaling
my enemies, real and imagined (though not once did I use my predecessor's
'Bugger Underling' card). I read that Broken Council is to be played
again at the Chicago con: I wonder what'll happen this time!

I don't actually mind defeat and disaster descending upon me, as long
as I have fun. And fun I had in spades playing the aforementioned

characters, especially Theoblanc! In fact, even going to hire the
costume was fun (I said I needed a "naughty pope suit, and no, it
wasn't for a play" The old dear at the Rep Theatre gave me a bit of
a 'nudge, nudge, wink, wink look' as only the Brits can).

I have been spectacularly unsuccessful playing lesser characters too. In
the 4-Fold Path, I identify mainly with "The Roleplayer" and "The Storyteller",
with occasional lapses towards the other two, though I have never had
a character named 'G7'.

Anyone out there got the stats for Timmy Trollkin?

Cheers

MOB