disaster and defeat

From: ian (i.) gorlick (igorlick@bnr.ca)
Date: Wed 08 May 1996 - 23:56:00 EEST

MOB:
>I don't actually mind defeat and disaster descending upon me, as long
>as I have fun.

Exactly the right sentiment! While a steady diet of disaster and defeat might be
discouraging, the occasional dose can be stimulating. My Tiberius Hector,
Sergeant-at-arms of Boldhome, was horribly unsuccessful in accomplishing his
goals and was slaughtered by the rebel leader. Nonetheless, it was some of the
best role-playing I have ever done. Tragedy and black comedy can be as
satisfying as heroic fantasy.