Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #566

From: Cheiron (cheiron@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed 15 May 1996 - 03:24:52 EEST

>- -----------
>SULFRAGINIS
>- -----------
>Cardinal of Bregsburg, Perfectus

In listing his special abilities, Sulfraginis mentioned:

>Remain Silent (Ability: one-use). Your are experienced in
>contemplating the Virtues of Silence.

This got him into a bit of trouble in the SF version of HTWWO, when he
used it while sitting in the Comfy Chair after being called before the
Watchdog Council. A contest of wills between his silence and the
Council's "Spill your guts 'cause you are in the Comfy Chair" cards
kept him in the Chair a wee bit too long... and, well, let's just say
the chair went off although I swear we didn't know it was loaded.

I must say however, it's nice to know that at least some of
Sulfraginis's later debilitation was due to the failure of his
dispicable herectical immortality spell and not just the side affects
of the unforseeable, tragic, entirely accidental and much regretted
triggering of another banned spell by the chair (one thats starts with
"T".)