Illuminated jokes

From: ANDOVER@delphi.com
Date: Tue 21 May 1996 - 07:04:17 EEST

These are a set of jokes by an American comic named Steven Wright. I wonder if
he is Illuminated? Jim Chapin

I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near
the place.

I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards.
I got a full house and four people died.

Last week, I went to a furniture store to look for a decaffeinated coffee
table. They couldn't help me.

What's another word for "thesaurus"?

When I get real bored, I like to drive down town and get a great parking
spot, then sit in my car and count how many people ask if I'm leaving.

When I was a kid, we had a quicksand box in the backyard.
I was an only child. . .eventually.

I bought some batteries, but they weren't included. So I had to buy them
again.

For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier.
I put them in the same room and let them fight it out.

I have a switch in my apartment that doesn't do anything. Every once in a
while I turn it on and off. One day I got a call from a woman in France who
said "Cut it out!"

I replaced the headlights on my car with strobe lights.
Now it looks like I'm the only one moving.

I wrote a song, but I can't read music. Every time I hear a new song on the
radio, I think "Hey, maybe I wrote that."

I got my driver's licenes photo taken out of focus on purpose. Now when I
get pulled over the cop looks at it (moving it nearer and farther, trying to
see it clearly) . . . and says, "Here, you can go."

I went to a general store but they wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

I turned my air conditioner the other way around, and it got cold out. The
weatherman said, "I don't understand it. It was uspposed to be 80 degrees
out today." I said "Oops . . ."

I put contact lenses in my dog's eyes. They had little pictures of cats on
them. Then I took one out and he ran around in circles.

I spilled Spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

My neighbor has a circular driveway. He can't get out.

I bought some powdered water, but I didn't know what to add.

I put instant coffee in a microwave and almost went back in time.

I have an answering machine in my car. It says, "I'm home now, but leave a
message and I'll call when I'm out."

I bought a house on a one-way dead-end road. I don't know how I got there.

A friend of mine is into Voodoo Acupuncture. You don't have to go. You'll
just be walking down the street and . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . oohh,
that's much better.

I have a hobby. I have the world's largest collection of sea shells. I keep
it scattered on beaches all over the world. Maybe you've seen some of it.

I Xeroxed a mirror. Now I have an extra Xerox machine.

Last week I forgot how to ride a bicycle.

My school colors were clear.

I stayed in a really old hotel last night. They sent me a wake-up letter.

I'm taking Lamaze classes. I'm not having a baby, I'm just having trouble
breathing.

My girlfriend's weird. One day she asked me, "If you could know how and when
you were going to die, would you want to know?" I said, "No." She said,
"Okay, forget it."

My buddy got busted for counterfeiting. He was making pennies. They caught
him because he was putting the heads and tails on the wrong sides. He's in a
minimum security prison now; he's on a whiffle-ball and chain.

Hermits have no peer pressure.

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories . .

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an
idiot.

How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn't live there?

When I was in high school, I got in trouble with my girlfriend's Dad. He
said, "I want my daughter back by 8:15." I said, "the middle of August?
 Cool!"

Did Washington just flash a quarter for his ID?

I just got skylights put in my place. The people who live above me are
furious.

Imagine if birds were tickled by feathers . . .

I remember when the candle shop burned down. Everyone stood around singing
"Happy Birthday".

I accidentally installed the deer whistles on my car backwards. Now
everywhere I go, I'm chased by a herd of deer.

I got stopped by a cop the other day. He said, "Why'd you run that stop
sign?" I said, "Because I don't believe everything I read."

It doesn't matter what temperature a room is, it's always room temperature.

Yesterday, my eyeglass prescription ran out.

I was hitchhiking the other day, and a hearse stopped. I said, "No thanks -
I'm not going that far."

I played a blank tape on full volume. The mime who lived next door
complained. So I shot him with a gun with a silencer.

I'm a peripheral visionary.

I make my own water - two glasses of H, one glass of O.

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller
ballerinas?

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #579

electronic retrieval.

other mailing lists.