Lhankhor Mhy Lawspeakers

From: Mike Cule (mikec@room3b.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue 21 May 1996 - 14:29:52 EEST

An interesting write-up on the 'knowing god' but I feel compelled to make one
quibble: it is implied that LM lawspeakers have the authority to make judicial
decisions. In all the write-ups I've seen of Sartarite society the lawspeaker
is the expert on the law and on precedent who advises the chief, who actually
has the authority to make the judgement. Perhaps lawspeakers can deal with
minor cases and adjudicate some disputes. But I think the final authority
lies with the nobles.

"My Lord and Chieftan, in a similar case involving two pigs in the time of
your great-grandfather......"

- --
Mike Cule

Actor and Genius.
AKA Theophilus, Prince-Archbishop of the Far Isles
(Arms: Purpure, an open book proper, without clasps. On the dexter page the
Greek letter Alpha or. On the sinister page the letter Omega of the same.
Motto: nulla spes sit in resistendo.)
Ask me about the Far Isles Medieval Society:
Better living through pan-medieval anachronisms.