Flirting with Chaos

From: Martin King (mav@pobox.com)
Date: Wed 22 May 1996 - 11:06:04 EEST

Dave Cake wrote

> Certainly.
> Maybe I'm just too civilised myself, but I can't see how
> anybody
>might prefer life on the plains of Prax to civilised life in the Lunar
>interior. Obviously, the narrow minded Praxians with their rabid
>xenophobia will reject it initially, but I bet even they would start
>to appreciate the relatively easy life there given a chance.
> And sure, there might be inherent philosophical dangers in the
>Lunar way. And I am sure I would rather discuss them sitting in a
>Lunar villa, well fed and sipping Pelorian wine and in the company of
>educated men, than ranting about them on an empty stomach in the
>dessert sun surrounded by illiterate killers. But maybe its just me
>:-)

Come on Dave you know that the Praxians think that Chaos is the worst
thing on the Lozenge. Makes them old, turned their lush garden into a
hell hole desert, everything bad....Consorting with Chaos by
following a lunar way would be unthinkable.

I think exchanging their albeit harsh but rewarding lifestyle for
momentary pleasure and corrupt the world by trafficking with the
devil would result in the same answer from most Praxians. A big swipe
from their pointy sticks.

Do you and the Lunars also believe that Chaos energy is a safe and
renewable form of energy :)

Regards
MK
- -Mav's guide to being a superhero
 * Don't give away any important information in your name, e.g. The Glass
        Jaw, Captain Vulnerable to Strontium 90