Re: More o' Dom's Qs

From: Loren Miller (loren@wharton.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu 23 May 1996 - 21:56:22 EEST

D M McNamara <D.M.McNamara@durham.ac.uk> writes:
> I am sorry for phrasing my emails in such a way, i did not mean to
> patronise any of you, i only wanted to open up discussion on broader
> philosophical issues in glorantha.

Don't worry about it. Incredibly obscure bits of Gloranthan minutae
can be just as impenetrable and trance-inducing as your philosophical
jargon.

> 1. Could a peckish dark troll gobble down a microgorp and live? their
> stomachs can take weird acidic beverages, after all

Gorp aren't filled with acid. They're filled with Raw Chaos. That
said, I believe the troll would live but would have agita something
fierce, and would probably barf, that most untrollish of all acts.

> 2. Who do ducks primarily worship? Do ducks use any form of feather
> tatooing or beak engraving?

Hueymakt. Lueykor Mhy. Dueysaries. Donaldio. Zorquack Zoran.

> 3. What do ducks eat?

Ducks herd and eat morocanth. :)

> 4. Excuse my ignorance, but who is the odd lunar with the brass pot on
> his head? Whats his story?

Beat-Pot Aelwrin is a heroic kitchen boy who first fought the lunars
and was then seduced to their side by one of the lunar heroines, I
forget which. But the whole story was in an issue of Nochet Penthouse
Letters a few years back.

> 5. Is there a market for blue llama spit in pavis? It seems to be the
> only surplus the blue llama riders possess (apart from blue llamas). Why
> are the llamas blue?

I can tell you but I'd have to kill you. As for the color... Think
blue as in black so dark it appears blue.

> 6. One question. Morokanths - why?

Ducks gotta eat something. :)

> Thanks for answering my previous annoying questions.

Thanks for reading my annoying answers.

- --
Loren Miller <http://hops.wharton.upenn.edu/~loren>
Life at the water's edge is the real life for men and women, and penguins