Simple phrasing

From: Michael Raaterova (michael.raaterova.7033@student.uu.se)
Date: Fri 24 May 1996 - 02:54:29 EEST

Dominic -

If you try to open up discussion on broader philosophical issues with
people who are unfamiliar with the disciplinary jargon you are using, the
result is pretty obvious: you will alienate people and create
misunderstanding, or merely be ignored.

Everything one understands well can be phrased in simple ways. Does it
matter whether the concept sounds simple or not?

I am an habitual user of disciplinary jargon (sociology) myself and thus
familiar with the consequences. I try to avoid it on the digest.

Valete

- -------
Michael Raaterova <Sig omitted on legal advise>

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #591

electronic retrieval.

other mailing lists.