Re: Waertagi metaphors

From: Andrew Raphael (raphael@research.canon.com.au)
Date: Fri 24 May 1996 - 06:00:01 EEST

Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe@student.canterbury.ac.nz> writes:

>I've always imagined the Waertagi in their fastships as Germans in their
>U-boats rather than model of goggled-eyed Deep Ones espoused by Nick B.

Since the Waertagi dragonships don't submerge, and they go like the
clappers, I prefer "McHale's Navy". ;-)

However, the U-boat idea is great for their journeys through the
underworld, just the right almosphere IMHO. Mix "Das Boot" and the
books by Mars (British) & Beach (USA) to taste.

"Erik Sieurin" <BV9521@utb.hb.se> writes:

>Isn't it time that the poor Durulz could drop their luggage from Disney
>and Warner Bros?

I've always visualised them as more "Howard the Duck".

- --
Andrew Raphael <raphael@research.canon.com.au>
        "Oh! I see, it's your birthday. It's your big day, and I forgot."