Sailing & ducks

From: Nils Weinander (niwe@ein.ericsson.se)
Date: Fri 24 May 1996 - 09:51:02 EEST

Peter M:
>On the sailing front, I thought that the Fonritans with their
>yachts and dhows were the most sophisticated in the field.

Nonono, the Haragalan tallships are of course the greatest sailing
vessels. With exquisite craftsmanship, numerous enchantments,
magical armaments and an awakened/bound spirit a tallship is
an individual, a living entity which is the pinnacle of Gloranthan
naval technology (also iMO of course).
_____

Mike Cule:
>The duck-keets of the East Isles have a mixture of Stygian Western Malkionism
>brought by Valkaro, the cult of dream magic based on the Mother of the Keets and
>the other East Isles Cults.

The church of Valkaro is not really like the Stygian heresy. The valkarians
don't worship the gods as such, but convert them to Malkionism, transforming
them into good Malkioni saints. That apart, yes, the keets on the islands
dominated by the church vill most likely be valkarists.

Otherwise, the main deity of the keets is Thella, the goddess of dawn,
since their sacrifice of flight into the Net makes them closer to her
than any other creatures.

Nils W | Here we are!
Office: niwe@einku.ericsson.se | We sail on a ship made of dreams.
Home: nilsw@ibm.net