Re: Nick Brooke and the Cthulhu Mythos

From: Sandy Petersen (sandyp@idgecko.idsoftware.com)
Date: Fri 31 May 1996 - 22:53:31 EEST

Nick asks
>1) There isn't really anything 'good' about the Cthulhu Mythos, is
there?
        Of course there is. As you learn more about the Mythos, you
become better able to deal with true reality for several fine
reasons. First, you might go nuts, and not care when the ickies come
to get you. Second, you can become an icky yourself. Third, you can
learn how to bring great Cthulhu back, and after he clears off the
Earth, you will be one of the few remaining humans, allowed to kill
and pillage, and do _whatever_ you like. After all, wouldn't Cthulhu
be grateful to you for releasing him and want to reward you?
Wouldn't he? Finally, if you get enough arcane lore you might get to
be a card in Chaosium's MYTHOS game. (So far, I count myself
present at least twice in MYTHOS; once as Albert Shiny, and once as
Carl Stanford. Greg threatens to put me in a third and maybe fourth
time, as Peter Dannseys and Sandy Petersen. We'll see if he's so
rash.)

Sandy P.