Orlanth the Outlaw

From: David (davidc@cs.uwa.edu.au)
Date: Thu 17 Oct 1996 - 13:36:58 EEST

        I think that the Lunars do NOT outlaw Orlanth worship per se, but
do outlaw the worship of certain banned sub-cults, hero cults, and
associated cults, and also outlaw worship ceremonies led by outlaws.
In
Sartar, for example, they outlaw and strenously suppress Orlanth
Victorious, but are quite happy to encourage Orlanth Rex - providing your
tribal chief is not an outlaw. I'm sure they think Barntar worship is quite
acceptable. In Pavis, Orlanth worship is permitted - but not Orlanth
worship led by the outlawed Orvost Tintalker. And at the same time they
also have missionary programs and incentives for Lunar cults.

        Cheers

                David