Subject: RPG children

From: ANDOVER@delphi.com
Date: Tue 29 Oct 1996 - 07:35:44 EET

Well, as one of the older gamers around (born in 1941, which puts me
at the top limit of the TotRM survey) and someone whose gaming experience
dates all the way back to Gettysburg with rulers, I naturally raised
my two sons on board -- and then role-playing games. Someone else would
have to judge whether it affected them positively or negatively. David,
the younger son, ended up as the President of the Fantasy Gaming Society at Brown. All
three of us, plus my wife and some of David's friends, attended the
American RQ Cons.
The main advantage was always having people to play with -- and, of course,
a fairly close relationship with both my kids.
Jim Chapin