RL / RP ranks in cults

From: Philip Hibbs (101621.1264@CompuServe.COM)
Date: Tue 07 Jan 1997 - 21:06:12 EET

Me:
>>I heard somewhere that cults with Rune Lord and Rune Priest ranks are
>>cults which have been amalgamated (presumably by GLs) from two other cults,
>>and the two ranks are remnants of the separate hierarchies...

Michael Raaterova:
>Which would mean that all RQ2 cults are God Learner amalgamations.

Not rally, our view of Glorantha just changed subtly between RQ2 and RQ3, and we
realised that not all cults had to have the two ranks. Many get along fine with
one rank, but different individuals just have different fields of expertise. We
also realised that Bearwalkers are actually just part of the wider multiculture
that we now call 'hsunchen', that Divine and Spirit magic are not the only
commonly practised forms of magic, etc.

phibbs@csi.compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs
| Phil Hibbs | What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful symmetry? |