Mad Prax - whoops!

From: MOBTOTRM@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Sat 18 Jan 1997 - 00:21:31 EET

G'day all,

Sorry everyone for the abrupt termination of V4 #92, I must have
typed in some inappropriate characters (though I've no idea why
part #4 appeared on the list before parts #2 and #3.

Here's my introduction and part #1 again in its complete state:

G'day all,

Over the next few digests, I'll be posting a very traditional slice-n-dice
RQ tournament I wrote some years ago called MAD PRAX BEYOND SUN DOME.
It was originally played at Necronomicon III in Sydney, New South Wales.

It was kinda fun at the time, and one of the first airings of Melo Yelo,
the loopy baboon who desperately wanted to join Yelmalio (and got his chance
in a follow-up tournament THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF YELM). The amiable
xenophobe Mars Melus also features in both tournaments.

As I said, it's kinda fun, but I'm posting it unedited from the original
despite some problems I see with it today, eg. the plot seems to be incredibly
linear (but when played, fortunately the fun came out in the roleplaying
rather than the storyline!).

I imagine this tournament could easily be adapted for Sun Dome player
characters.

Cheers

MOB

__________________________
MAD PRAX - BEYOND SUN DOME (part #1)
A RQ Tournament of sixteen scenes, set in Sun County

By MOB

Playtesters: Trevor Ackerly, Phil Green, Derek Prout, Tim Leask,
David Wanless

THE PLAYER CHARACTERS

Yelanda Goldenlocks
A frustrated Sun Domer on the verge of rune lord status, if only her male
colleagues would respect her for her mind and abilities.

Bob the Vrok Hawk
Yelanda's male-chauvinist allied spirit.

Melo Yelo
A strange baboon who's convinced initiation into the Yelmalio cult
is his true calling. Shame nobody else does...

Mars Melus
Your typical Sun Domer farmer - loyal and stolid; a decent racist
xenophobe.

Sarshas Yarallo
A Lunar tribune, who when he signed up to "see the world", didn't imagine
that he'd end up stuck in a dump like Prax!

PLOT SUMMARY
(you might not want to read this if you're gonna play it!)

The player characters are summoned to the audience chamber of Count
Solanthos Ironpike, ruler of Sun County. Now, the Sun Dome army
unexpectedly departed for the village of Harpoon the night before, for
 reasons unknown to the PCs. Solanthos orders them to take three large
gold rings to Harpoon, and await further orders. After a number of
episodes along the way, the PCs arrive at Harpoon. They learn that
the rings in fact are magical matrixes that fit around the hafts of
the great missiles the spear-throwing machine, and that it is going
to be used against a huge Giant's Cradle floating down the river.
Following the orders of their Lunar overlords, the Sun Domers plan
to harpoon it and drag it ashore to loot it of its magical treasures.
The PCs take part in this historic assault, which is unsuccessful.
However, the PCs still have their chance of winning glory...

Next: the characters!