Gloranthan Ephemeris

From: Philip Hibbs (101621.1264@CompuServe.COM)
Date: Sun 19 Jan 1997 - 17:46:14 EET

Having looked at the program, I am very impressed, it is a nice thing to have.
However, it is perhaps for the best that it does have its problems, as the
up-front admission of these inconsistencies and omissions totally nips in the
bud any use of the program by anyone with a theory to tout, or an axe to grind
about someone else's theory. The result: It's still in the imagination, which is
the proper place for it.

This may well be part of the reason that GS didn't actually use the program - I
agree with Bill Watterson that seeing "Calvin & Hobbes" animated by a cartoon
studio with actors' voices would destroy the images of them in my own
imagination.

As it is, it gives an image of what the Gloranthan night sky *might* look like
in *general* terms, and I wouldn't want more than that. Bigger, smoother, with
VR headset support ... Yes, that would be nice, but more accurate? No thanks.

phibbs@csi.compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs
| Phil Hibbs | What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful symmetry? |
PS. Minor revisions to Pagan Sorcery on my Web pages, bringing it more in line
with the latest release that I have of Sandy's.