Giants speaking Darktongue

From: Joerg Baumgartner (joe@toppoint.de)
Date: Wed 22 Jan 1997 - 22:50:00 EET

Steve Martin chides me (and everybody else):
>No one has answered the question for me, of where it is stated the giants
>speak Darktongue.

Earliest mention is in the RQ2 rulesbook, p.103:

"Creatures of darkness, such as trolls, giants, shades, and their ilk, speak
Darktongue. [...]"

Throughout the old RuneQuest supplements the giants are named as creatures
of Darkness, a fact I had some difficulties with when I wormed my way into
Glorantha knowledge from the side (as a late beginner).