Initiation Rites

From: Arf (A.R.Wilson@herts.ac.uk)
Date: Fri 24 Jan 1997 - 15:34:07 EET

Hello everyone,

In a discussion with one of my players, the subject came up of what
exactly happens when an initiate is initiated. The player concerned has
a Storm Bull character, and one thing we came up with is that as a part
of the ceremony, the Initiate has one ear torn off (as per SB's battle

with the devil described in CoP). The question I am putting to you more
worldly (lozengely?) wise people is whom would the SB lose his ear to?
Would he have to fight a chaos foe, lose the ear, nearly die, and be
healed by an Eiritha priestess before whacking the foe and retreating? At
this point, the Initiation begins to me to sound like a heroquest. Or
perhaps that's the way Initiaion should be...

Opinions, please.

Arf.

| Arf Wilson | A five year old child could understand this - |
| a.r.wilson@herts.ac.uk | send someone to fetch a five year old child! |